Wednesday 7 January 2009

Today's the day

Well, I started yesterday with good intentions, which lasted until about 3.30 when the afternoon munchies hit. I had a Green and Blacks cereal bar, so not all bad, but the fruit in it on its own would have been SO much better! Also, after a lovely sausage casserole made by my wonderful DH, there were 2 bakewell tarts left in the tin, and I could just feel them staring at me saying "if you eat us both tonight, then you can start again tomorrow". My lack of willpower overtook, and I ate them! I felt like a pig afterwards, and quite disgusted with myself, but there wasn't really a lot I could do about it.

Today, I know there are no more cakes in the house, all of my Christmas chocolate is in a jar that my hubby bought me for Christmas which you can set a timer on and if you try and get it open before the time runs out, it gives you an electric shock! I have joined the gym at work, and have my induction on Monday morning, so I am NOW ready and sorted.

I don't know about anyone else, but each night when I am sat in bed watching TV, I can imagine myself the following day, eating all this healthy food, almost imagination meal planning. Then I get up, and the whole plan seems to have disappeared. But, not this time. I have had 1 boiled egg, with 1.5 slices of buttered toast for breakfast. Lunch will probably be cup a soup and a ham sandwich followed by a yoghurt, and a banana at 3.00, and tea will be homemade shepherds pie, followed by a cup of tea and 2 jaffa cakes. Now that I've written it down, I'll have to eat just that, or else I'll feel like a hypocrite and a fat minger for ever!

2 comments:

  1. I also visualise what I eat, but then I don't count on the kids eating biccies in front of me which make me lose all willpower!!
    I need that timer jar!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get them from ebay, about £10 inc postage. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete