Thursday 8 January 2009

Mind over Matter - Paul McKenna?

How weird is this? I had 1 bolied egg for breakfast, with 1 and a half slices of toast soldiers. Then, I had nothing until lunch when I had 2 slices of brown bread, 2 slices of ham, spread of mayo, 5 cherry toms and 12 pringles. I then has a small piece of mum’s Christmas Cake. I was pleasantly full, not stuffed, but still brought an apple and a banana to work for my 3.00 munchies, but they never came. I had 8 cups of water at work, and had to have my apple at 4.30 as I had hunger pangs.We had homemade shepherds pie for tea, and I had the other half the slice of Xmas cake from lunch. I am now full, just a really nice feeling in my tummy. I will drink about another 1/2 litre of water before bed (saves me snacking on Xmas chocs), but I feel as if I could quite happily go until tomorrow morning without eating anything else.I have read Paul's book, and the only one of the 4 rules I have a minor problem with is to eat when you are hungry. What with the school run, and lunch hours at work, it's not always practical, i'd say about 85% of the time I can do it, just not 100%.Maybe if I listened to my body more instead of just shovelling food down my neck, I might find weight loss at bit less of a struggle.

1 comment:

  1. Is the Paul Mckenna thing on tv at the moment? I'm sure I've seen something previewed.
    You did really well yesterday - well done! Water seems to help trick the belly into thinking its full, i should try that again really!

    ReplyDelete